[TowerTalk] Duo-Band 10/15 Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Duo-Band 10/15 Antenna
From: gussam@newcomm.net (VO1MP - Gus)
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 00:04:55 -0800
Looking for to avail of the collective wisdom of esteemed reflectees!

Am  presently condidering combining a home brewed 4 element for 15 meters
with a homebrewed 5 element for 10 still on design stages . on a single boom.
No great
feat in itslef I'm sure.
However here's is the challenge:  I have acquired a  storm damaged th6dxx some
parts and
the complete driven element still in tact.
Wonder if any body has any ideas about  removing the 20 meter portion of the
traps
and using the driven element as a 10/15 meter driver.
The other elements will all be full size on 10 and 15, as I see it effective
matching may
be a problem , mechanically the hard ware is already proven. needless to say ,
it is
easier to keep one antenna aloft than two,  stacked one above the other.
this would save an extra boom loading and of course use only one run of coax.
What say you antenna gurus ? BTW am not interested in refurbishing the th6.
Already have
monobander for 20.
Appreciate any comments.
Gus Vo1mp