[TowerTalk] 80m wire beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m wire beam
From: kalepa@maui.net (Jonathan Starr)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:23:36 -1000
Fellow Tower-talkers,

Can anyone supply me measurements for a full size three element wire
yagi for the lower part of the 75 meter phone band ?

I am planning to use an old boom from a KLM 20m5 (42' long) clamped to
one leg of a tower at 95', with the ends of the driven dipole, director
and reflector tied to the boom. The other ends will be tied to trees
high enough up the mountain to make the wires horizontal. I'll probably
need a light rope connecting the "far" ends of the elements to keep them
spaced right.

The elements will be #14 thhn backed up with 1/4" nylon rope.

Also, what is the lightest weight coax that I can feed this thing with,
and still run a KW ?

Aloha,

Jonathan Starr, KH6X
kalepa@maui.net