[TowerTalk] Antenna tests - the end

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna tests - the end
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:47:28 EDT

> I have not seen or read the test comparison that you all are talking
>  about  so I can't make specific comments about the tests.

      But you ARE making specific comments. If you had read our report (and I
hope you do), you would have seen that one of our criteria was that it be
REASONABLE. In other words, if a knowledgeable antenna person such as
yourself were to read it, you would say "That sounds reasonable". We are
acutely aware that this is not a laboratory exercise. We're not presenting it
as such.

     The protocol, data sets and summaries are our contribution to antenna
performance comparisons so that antenna purchasers have something other than
dubious manufacturer's specifications on which to base their buying
decisions.

     Since you obviously have expertise to lend, why not add to the
discussion or at least find out what the discussion is about before
condemning it.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Report co-author