[TowerTalk] Ham rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham rotor
From: grimm@lynchburg.net (Kenneth D. Grimm)
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 07:32:03 -0400
Shane,

Dick has given you the correct hookup for both the Ham M and the Ham
II.  It is definitely time to get out your VOM and do a little checking
inside the box and with your connecting wires.  The rotor is OK, right?
So the problem is either with 1) the wires connecting to the Ham II box
(only if they are in any way different from the wires connecting to the
Ham M box), 2) the terminal strip on the back of the Ham II box, 3) the
meter fuse, 4) the 10 K ohm resistor in series with the meter, 5) the
cal pot, and 6) all of the parts in the meter power supply; xfmr, diode,
filter cap.  However, based on the meager information that you provided
about the box, my first guess would be a broken Cal switch - stuck in
the cal position.  To check this, does the meter reading change when you
adjust the cal pot?  If so, it is stuck in the cal position and needs to
be "turned off" (ungrounded, that would be).  I may have missed
something, but it appears to me that your problem can only lie with the
components that are connected between terminals 3 and 7.

You do have a copy of the Mam II manual don't you?  If not, I will try
to scan a copy and put it on the Boatanchor Manual Archive.  Let me
know.

--
Ken K4XL
grimm@lynchburg.net