[TowerTalk]TH11

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk]TH11
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 09:00:27 -0700
Steve suggested I let others know how pleased I am with the new TH11.
W4AX and I finally got it to the top of the tower yesterday, up I went
and bolted it down. Boy, that sucker is heavy.
(84 pounds plus the coax and balun)

Checked the swr with the MFJ before I hooked the feed in and it gave
great curves. Antenna is broadband and just where it should be.

One sour note. HyGain had to ship me 3 additional boxes with parts which
were missing, and
the manual is not up to par. A 4th item, a 1" coupling tube was missing,
but I replaced that from
the junkbox. Overlap between joints is too little in my opinion, and
smaller sections (7/8"") do give me a little worry about storm survival.

Fired it off in the middle of the JA test, and with the H40. Didn't
bother to turn on the Titan.
Every station worked with first call.

So, for those of you contemplating a new one, I definitely am pleased
with this one.

73

Ed