[TowerTalk] Time/Date Of Postings (Slightly Off Subject)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Time/Date Of Postings (Slightly Off Subject)
From: wd4ngb@m2.sprynet.com (Bruce Richards)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 11:44:44 +0100
I "was" using Atom Time on mine and it did just fine in the winter. In the
Spring it would put the clock 1 hour off. I run my PC on GMT time and have 0
offset on all programs, and have it set up for no seasonal changes in Win95. It
works just fine with Dimension 4.....

Paul McInnish - K4BET wrote:

> As an alternative, I have a program called "Atom Time" that is 150 kb in
> size... when you are connected to the Internet, execute "Atom Time" & your
> PC is connected to the National Bureau Of Standards & your PC 'clock' can be
> synchronized to the NBS atomic standard clock.
>
> If anyone would like a copy, send me an e-mail direct & I'll send it to you
> as an attachment.
>
> Malcolm Clark wrote:
>
> > Over the last few weeks I've noticed a lot of us have PC clocks that are
> > none too accurate.  Often a reply has an earlier date/time than the
> > original message.  So I thought I'd pass on the skinny about a really
> > neat piece of software for Windows 95/NT called Dimension 4.
> >
> > Dimension 4 sets your PC's clock from the one of the available Internet
> > time servers--in the background--every time you log on--and every
> > specified period if desired--all automatically.  It is one of the
> > neatest pieces of software I have ever come across.  It is highly
> > configurable and has received rave reviews from lots of people who ought
> > to know.  I first found out about if from ZDNET (Ziff Davis Net, PC
> > Mag., et al).
> >
> > Best of all--it's absolutely free.
> >
> > Get it at http://www.thinkman.com/~thinkman/dimension4/index.htm and
> > never have to worry about your PC's clock again.
> >
> > 73
> > Malcolm KR4HP
> >
> > --
> > FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
> > Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------
>
>   Paul McInnish <pmcinnish@worldnet.att.net>
>   Manager, SE Region
>   Meiji Corp.
>
>   Paul McInnish
>   Manager, SE Region  <pmcinnish@worldnet.att.net>
>   Meiji Corp.
>                       Netscape Conference Address
>                       Netscape Conference DLS Server
>   Additional Information:
>   Last Name    McInnish
>   First Name   Paul
>   Version      2.1

Bruce Richards / WD4NGB (No Good Bum)  (ex HL9JV)
DX Web Page http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wd4ngb
Mirror Site http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/9941
Space A DX  http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/9846
50 Miles North West of Nashville Tn