[TowerTalk] Building New Antenna Farm?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Building New Antenna Farm?
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider, N3RR)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 14:45:16 +0100
Brian,

I designed and built a single-op, single tower, six-band (160-10) plus
packet-node,
contest station.  The process took from 1991 to 1997.  I gave a presentation on
the
design at the Dayton contest forum in 1995.

An overview of the design and construction is shown on my website:
http://www.erols.com/n3rr

Key to the design was my decision to place my 20 meter beam at the "magic" DX
contest height of 100 ft.  Everything else in the design was based on this one
parameter!!  You must reduce your thought process to one or two basic elements
of
"need" from which you can then base a design and then proceed to trade-off the
other
parameters!!

Check it out!!

BTW, I sell a VHS videotape of some of the antenna installations using the steel
line "tram" method -- details are on the website.

Also, I now represent the TIC Ringrotor product line, since the 5 Ringrotors
that I
use on the tower have worked so well!!  Ringrotor specs, brochure, and purchase
info
are on the website also.

73!

Bill,