[TowerTalk] New MFJ 259

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New MFJ 259
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:44:45 -0700
I bought one of the new 259s at the Atlanta Hamfest yesterday, and that
thing will walk the cat for you.

Readout of SWR, antenna resistance, actual reactance, in one display.
If you have a fault in your coax, it will measure the length to the
fault. Short the far end, and it will actually measure the length of a
piece of coax. Measures loss in coax.

Measures capacitance, inductance, ect.

Would tell you more but I've already run the batteries down just
playing with it. It's great!

Oh yes, 1 screw and a panel comes off the back giving you full access
to the batteries. Also, nicads may be recharged by the ac brick without
removing the batteries.

Also, Martin ( the M in MFJ ) was there and a truly delightful gentlemen
to meet.

73

Ed