[TowerTalk] thanks for 25/45 comments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] thanks for 25/45 comments
From: designserv@ipass.net (LYN)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:20:18 -0400

K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

> If you're talking about using 2 screw-
> ins per anchor, that should give you enough capacity.

OH?  Under what conditions?  The load on a screw anchor is
distributed through a volume of soil.  Just how far apart in which
direction were you going to spread these so the affected volumes
do not overlap?  How were you going to share the load and what
does that do to the axes of the screw anchors?

I think screw anchors are alright if they are properly imbedded in
enough concrete.  Have seen too many fail when soil got wet and they
were not in concrete.  Don't like them. Don't trust them.  Period.

Lyn, W4WDN