[TowerTalk] TET antennas/HB9CV type

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TET antennas/HB9CV type
From: kz5qdx@communique.net (Douglas Bradford)
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 07:42:37 -0500

thompson@mindspring.com wrote:

> With the discussion of the HB9CV feed system, I found an ad in Ham Radio
> (May 1984) for TET.  TET was a Japanese company imported by Louis N. Anciaux
> then WB6NMT at Lunar Electronics.  They sold single band and tri-band models
> plus swiss quads, and big 50, 144, and 432 Mhz antennas.  One is the
> skeleton slot big 2 meter array and VHF quagi's.
>
> I looked Louis up and he is listed now as KG6UH with an APO address so he is
> either military or civilian military contractor.  Guess the antenna
> operation did not work out.  Some of his stuff looks like Create and Orion,
> too.

> Dave K4JRB

The TET is now carried by EMTRON in Sydney, Australia..

http://www.emtron.com.au/

The URL above is home page for Antenna's, Power Supplies,
and a Amp they are getting FCC approval on to sell in USA.
Spec's on Amp look nice. They hope to have approval by
this fall. Real nice Web site with lots of info on each Antenna.

The HB35C has a page listing all info and it is at least as good as
it say's.  I had the 3F37DX , made before the HB35C was Mnfg.
The 37DX was super, got me #1 HR Phone and needed 3 for CW.
Then along came Hurricane Andrew, I had survived several other
Hurricanes with no damage. This time, a 24" Limb from a Black
Gum fell over 50' and snapped 1/4 guys. A friend of mine still has
the 35C, he took it down and survived Andrew.  If I were going
to buy a Antenna today I would check out the HB35C. I put mine
up in 77' and he put his up in 80'.  Both very Broad banded.

I have accquired another TET like mine for parts and hope to have
some parts made and put it back up someday.

Emtron home page on TET shows 6 band Antenna's. I don't know
if they still mnfg the 2 mtr Swiss Quad but it was Tops. Andrew
got it too. Went thru 4 others but Andrew did me in.

BTW I have no interest what so ever in TET or Emtron. Just a
TET believer.

73  Brad  KZ5Q
Long  Live  CW
Preferred  Mode