[TowerTalk] guys, insulators, etc

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guys, insulators, etc
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 12:12:42 -0400
Greetings:

The instruction sheet included in my boxes of big grips show
a really easy method of attaching them to guy cable.

1) split the short length into two. Start the split with a screw-driver
and then split it down to the crossover mark you will use.  Closest
to the closed end for thimbles and further away from the closed end
with insulators.

2) wrap the two pieces of the split end until you are 4-5 turns
away from the end of the grip.

3) repeat step 1 with the longer end.

4) finish the short end by wrapping all the way and make sure it
"snaps" into place.  A good pair of gloves is essential.

5) finish the longer end.

73, J.P. W2XX
J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."