Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 relay settings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 relay settings
From: "Doug Rehman" <doug@k4ac.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:02:29 -0400
My Tri-Ex LM354-HDSP has a delay circuit for the up side and one for the
downside. As the time is set by a fixed resistor, I'm not sure what the
intended delay is, but I'd estimate it to be around two seconds. (Both
delays are identical.)

My understanding of the delay is that it serves two purposes:

1) To eliminate the possibility of the motor continuing in the original
direction if the direction is attempted to be immediately reversed

2) To allow the tower to gently stop before the direction is reversed

Although yours is from a different manufacturer, the same theory should
apply.

Doug
K4AC
(Running for ARRL Southeastern Division Director- please check out my
website at www.k4ac.com)