[TowerTalk] Climbing harness & Mountaineering gear

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing harness & Mountaineering gear
From: tomnxa@nb.net (Tom Gerdes Jr.)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 00:10:42 -0500
Hello all you tower people,

I'm paralyzed from the waist down and tired of not being able to service
my antenna system or get up the tower to hang wires or try any forms of
tower and using mountain climbing gear in conjunction with conventional
climbing belts or harnesses. Since I will not be putting any weight on
my feet, I will have to "tie off" at whatever height I'm working at so I
can use my hands to work with. I think I have a plan here that will keep
me safe and will permit ascent and descent of my tower. I've done rocks
before, so I can't see how a tower could be any more dangerous. Here are
the basics of my tower setup for some insight.
                                            ALUMINUM FREESTANDING 70'
                                            30" base tapering to 18" top

                                            Big Ole' Mosley Pro 67C at
70' 3"
                                            13B2 Horizontal 2m   at 77'
                                            Dualband vertical at 78'
(top of mast)

Pros, cons, ideas, comments, ......hit me with 'em.

No need to tie up the bandwidth on the reflector, you can email me
direct at tomnxa@nb.net

Thanks,

Tom