[TowerTalk] C-32XR, XM24 - rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C-32XR, XM24 - rotor
From: mel@interlink.net (Mel Martin)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:43:39 -0400
The T2X is not up to the job in my opinion. I installed one to turn a
3el Hygain 40M beam, and it lasted less than a week before breaking the
main gear. Also the torque is barely adequate. The HDR300 worked fine
for me, but those new "Big Boy" rotors are worth a look. Atually the
first HDR300 I used also failed in a short time. When they were first
introduced, they used a cast main gear. It cracked. Hy-Gain provided me
with a replacement machined gear (which later production used) and it
lasted 'till the "Big Ice Storm" last year which destroyed the antenna.
The rotor survived. Watch out for those cast gears if you buy a used
HDR300.

--

Mel Martin
mel@interlink.net