[TowerTalk] RE: (TowerTalk 1)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: (TowerTalk 1)
From: goodnews@mail.cmedic.net (Donald E. Stiles)
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 16:15:00 -0400
 Hello Gary and all,

Well, I live in the middle of a Red Pine
Forrest.  The  trees attenuation
literally "SAPS" the VHF UHF signals up.   I
wonder, however, what will happen when I
get the KLM 10-30-7 Log Periodic at 100'.  That
will make the antenna about
30' above the pines.  I emagine that the
evergreens will have some affect
on the signals.  Who knows, might help-hi hi.

73 de n8csp k

wrote:

> > I'd wager there is NOT an abrupt change in
> > anything at the tree level at HF, since even
144 MHz signals are
> > barely affected.
>
> Can't speak for the HF side, but 144 sigs are
very much attenuated with
> trees.  There is a tremendous change in signal
levels between winter and
> summer when the vegetation is on the limbs.
Of course, 440 sigs are
> even worse.  In northern CA, when you drive
into the wooded areas, it is
> like disconnecting the antenna.
>
> Gary
> --
> Please notify your ISP if you don't receive
this.

http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
towertalk@contesting.com
towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com