Re: [TowerTalk] 80m vertical: reality check

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m vertical: reality check
From: "Alex Malyava" <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:13:32 -0500
Is there any way to  _calculate_  proper number and heigth of guying
for such "Texas Tower" telescope?

I am going to build a 55' tall field-day style vertical for 160-80-40m.
The vertical gonna consist of 11 six-feet sections - it gonna be either:
 - all 11 of them from 2" to 3/4 made of 6063 with 0.058" walls
 - 10 of them from 1 3/4 to 5/8 of 6063 + 2" section with walls 0.125"
thick made of 6061, like Hy-Gain sells.

it is not suppose to stand in the backyard for all year around... the
purpose is to go to some vacation rental, set it up using one
man-hour, operate in a contest and go home.

i want it to last reasonably long, but surely dont want to have any
overkill like 3" pipes on concrete base with 5 levels of guy wires :)

Alex K2BB