[TowerTalk] Gamma Matched Towers and RF Interference

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gamma Matched Towers and RF Interference
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 14:33:45 -0600
I'm still toying with the idea of loading up my tower for 160.  Its 60'
of 25g with a F12 C4XL, so I feel confident that it will load up ok, not
sure about its efficiency at this point but it will be better than my
current antenna which is none.

Has anyone experienced rf problems when loading their tower?  I wonder
if the rotor control line would carry rf to the station and cause new
problems.

I know for sure I need to run any cables on the inside of the tower v.s.
the outside of the tower.

I run my station via remote control and any stray rf screws up the phone
modem.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Thorne
ARS N5ZC (ex KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)