[TowerTalk] Re: Model Mania - The ultimate one tower system

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Model Mania - The ultimate one tower system
From: K7NV@contesting.com (Kurt Andress)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 17:05:39 -0800

KI7WX@aol.com wrote:

> Here's one for the computer model nuts (freaks....kooks....loonies???) to
> play with:

There are plenty of us out here! Thank you for the compliments!

> Triple stack of C3E at 90/63/36 feet versus two stack of C31XR at 92/55.
>
> Both of those arrays are within reach of your "average guy" with room for a
> single tower.  Heights are based on separation of 27 feet for the C3s and 37
> feet for the C31XRs and take into account likely guy wire placements on a
> Rohn 25/45 type tower.  Using F12s numbers the C3E stack will be about 17
> square feet of load and the C31XR stack about 22 sq feet.

Remember to correct those figures to make them useful for evaluating
tower loads.

The 3 x C3 stack is 25.2 SqFt.

The 2 x C31XR stack is 32.1 SqFt

If you are using EIA-222 or UBC for a guyed tower.......

Just a reminder, which I promised several, I would do, the last time the
subject came up and got ignored.

> I can think of pluses and minuses to each array.  Curious what others might
> come up with.
>
> Cheers,

Me too!

Happy Holidays!

--
73, Kurt, K7NV

YagiStress - The Ultimate Software for Yagi Mechanical Design
Visit http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/yagistress/