Re: [TowerTalk] 80' tower in SF Bay area (update)

To: "JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80' tower in SF Bay area (update)
From: "KA9OFM John Garrett" <ka9ofm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:27:01 -0500
It's too bad that you don't have the bottom section. I understand the weight
issue with placing it there for the pour. We have 2 iron horses that are
placed outside the base hole and use 2 heavy angle irons that go between the
horses (3" angle with 1/4" wall) , and one angle has 2 upright angle irons
and the one has 1 upright angle iron on them. These clap into the tower for
the added support during the pour and the curing and they also help you to
get and keep it all in plumb.

Since you don't have the bottom section just try to make sure that what you
setup stays that way when the pour is being done and check it throughout the
pour. There are ways to make adjustments once the base is setup but it is
much easier if you have what you want when you begin.

73
John, KA9OFM