Re: [TowerTalk] How do I cut aluminum pipes?

To: Alex Malyava <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How do I cut aluminum pipes?
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 12:28:34 -0600 (CST)
Alex:

     I use a pipe cutter, available at any hardware store, to cut aluminum
tubing for Yagis, etc.  It works really well with minimal effort and minimal
risk of off-angle cutting as I have done with hacksaws.  (I'm at the age now
where I just buy the damn tool if I need it.  Took me most of a lifetime to
learn that lesson.)

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: Alex Malyava <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>
Date: 2007/12/07 Fri PM 12:06:25 CST
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] How do I cut aluminum pipes?

Hi guys,
I just got an 5-BTV vertical which I gonna take to some DX country with me.

I need to cut two longest pieces in order to fit it in 48" golf bag case to
check it in.
Is it enough to use regular hacksaw and sand the edges or there is some
fancy tool like pipe cutter used in plumbing?

I think if such tool exists I would better get one, because I have more
"aluminum" projects in mind :)

Alex K2BB