[TowerTalk] TicRing / C31 or 19 XR info?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TicRing / C31 or 19 XR info?
From: ve3tu@rac.ca (Steve)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 14:06:04 +0000
Hello Rich, I received an email from a chap that used a ring rotator with a C31.
He did not use the truss wire and he said it worked fine with just a little sag
in the boom. I plan on putting up a C31 on a ring rotator soon. If you go with
the ring rotator you will have to do some finessing with the ring part to make
it work smoothly. I had to grind the outer diameter of the ring to make it round
and I had to file the teeth of the gear on the inside of the ring to get
constant engagement with the motor. Put the ring rotator together on the bench
first to get it to work properly then do a trial assembly on the tower at a low
height to make sure all the parts clear the tower. I had to do some mods to get
clearance between the ring and the tower. I also had the grind the slots for the
motor to get full contact with the motor gear and ring gear.

gl es 73 Steve