[TowerTalk] power winch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] power winch
From: wa4bpj@nina.pagesz.net (Mike Murphy)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:54:32 -0500
Roman</param>Mike,<FontFamily><param>Arial</param>

<FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param>Ouch! - I hope your neighbor's hand
is ok now. I wouldn't personally use a
hand crank winch that didn't have a serviceable ratchet that was engaged
during the lift and I didn't open the door to the room full of possibilities if
we
"what if" all the different ways the equipment could fail to create a hazard.
The
bottom line is that we are each responsible for the risks and consequences of
our decisions so it's important for each person to consider the tradeoffs and
proceed down the most sensible path for them. I have no problem with folks
choosing differently than I would.

73,

Mike, WA4BPJ

</color>>