[TowerTalk] Butternut & CPK

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Butternut & CPK
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:10:45 -0600
Just got done searching the archives for info on the CPK counter poise
kit and didn't find much.

I'm loosing the phone lines I use for my remote Kachina and will need to
put an antenna up in the backyard at home.  The back yard is only 30' x
30' so there is not much room for radials, plus I would like to raise
the antenna up off the ground.

Anyways, anyone out there with experience with the CPK kit?  Does it
work?  This is going to be a compromise setup but want to get the best
possible antenna I can.  I'm also thinking about going with an R8 since
its received pretty good reviews, but it would be nice if I could get
80m coverage also with the HV9/CPK from Butternut.

Thanks

Richard Thorne
ARS N5ZC (ex KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Remote Control Airplanes:  AMA# 657062