[TowerTalk] TicRing vs. Side Mount (Trylon Titan)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TicRing vs. Side Mount (Trylon Titan)
From: rundall@newmonics.com (Pat Rundall)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:16:02 -0600
Jay & TTers,

I've been wondering what folks have done (if anything) in
terms of mounting second beams on common self-supporting
towers, such as the Trylon Titan. I'd assume that the problem
with a TIC on a tower like this is they wouldn't fit (Titans
don't have uniform leg spacing as found on Rohn (2/4/6)5.

The physics involved (additional loading, etc.) are another
consideration.

Has anyone considered a second, rotatable yagi on a Trylon?

Pat, NØHR

Note: I don't have a Trylon but am planning to grow some
aluminum when the ground thaws.