[TowerTalk] Re:rope in elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re:rope in elements
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 04:14:37 -0500
Hi Tommy,

> that I can no longer keep my comments to myself. I have 28 Force 12
> elements in the air, they have been up at one qth, taken down, drilled
> out, moved, reassembled and up again, some over four years. I live on
> an 800' hilltop-constant wind here every day, gust to 60 are not
> uncommon with higher at times including some strong updrafts. The
> antennas do NOT have any problems, have NOT had any problems and I am
> in the process of buying more F12 product. Am I satisfied--you bet!

I have the "bad" Firestone tires on my truck, and they are FB. No
problems here.

I intend to get some free tires as soon as I wear the old ones out
some more. I won't hesitate to get a Firestone, because
statistically the odds of having a wreck are very low.

> damage to the company?  Only to those who share the same IQ level and
> are naive enough to take his word a face value.

The statement above sounds like a personal attack. I had a tip fall
off, I have no grudge.

Hey, it just happened! It doesn't mean the antenna is junk. I'm sure
the proper rope inside the antenna would have stopped the problem.

Since it's a bitch to install rope with the antenna in the air, I'll
remember to do it with ALL my antennas while they are on the
ground.

I can't imagine a manufacturer being so vain as to null the warranty
just because rope is added inside the elements. I'm sure that isn't
correct. Certainly the element has enough headroom to handle the
extra weight of the rope, especially since it doesn't change wind
load. If it doesn't, I sure don't want one!

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com