[TowerTalk] Hams and prostrate cancer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hams and prostrate cancer
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:56:09 -0700
Carl A. Smidt wrote:

> Excellent report. The problem is that many Urologists want to do a biopsy
> when the PSA is high and I am told that that will accelerate the growth and
> spread of cancer cells if they are in evidence.
>
> 73,   Carl    VE9OV

I would think the only reason to do a biopsy at all is that if cancer is
discovered, you will proceed with treatment and thereby cure the cancer.  If
you don't plan on treating it, why would you even do a biopsy?

My psa was high last summer.  I had a biopsy performed about September.  I had
prostate cancer . . . detected early.  I had surgery to remove my prostate and
now my urologist says I am cancer-free.  Also, most of the side-effects are
done and I can sleep well knowing I have been cured.  I am 62.  I plan to live
another 30 years.

Questions?  Feel free to ask . . .

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com