[TowerTalk] Re: High AC Voltage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: High AC Voltage
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:24:56 -0400
Jimmy,

> Thanks to all for the input on this problem I have. Currently the
> Power Co., Telephone Co., and the local Cable Co. are all working
> trying to figure this one out. Seems this problem I found has clued
> them in to some situations on their end also. The voltage has dropped
> some--248 to 250 -- but I still have AC on my tower and equipment
> grounds as do all of the utilities. This has been narrowed down to a 5
> block area and they will continue to work on the problem this week.
> When the problem is corrected I will post to TT reflector.

Pardon me if I have this wrong, but didn't you say you only had a
fraction of a volt on a high impedance AC meter??????

If so, what exactly are they looking for? It's normal to have some
voltage between different grounds.

Is there really have a problem, or do the utility companies have no
clue what they are looking for?

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,