[TowerTalk] Concrete base size

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete base size
From: tsarah@neo.rr.com (Ted Sarah)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:18:26 -0400
Hi all,

I have a question on the size of the concrete base that I need to
have for a small tower.  The tower will be a 40' Rohn 25G tower
bracketed to the house at 10' and mounted to a SBH25G 3'4" Hinged
Short Base.  The Rohn catalogue only covers the self-supporting
towers (pages 25G-2 and 25G-4) and the hinged plate (page
25G-14), with no information on the SBH25G and a bracket.  The
antenna is going to be a small tri-bander (Mosley TA-33-jr-warc).

What Rohn shows for the self-supporting tower won't work with the
short base, as they show a 4'4" column of concrete with the tower
section sitting 2" into a stone drain bed and extending 6" out of
the concrete.  I've emailed Rohn asking for their recommendations
and so far no answer.

My question is, what size hole do I need for this set up?

Thanks in advance.

73 - Ted - W8TTS

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com