[TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] C4 vs C4s

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] C4 vs C4s
From: ve6yc@home.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:52:06 +0100
Many have stated that the longer boom has a narrower beam
width, and better F/B:

       C4s               C4
   Gain   F/B        Gain   F/B
10  4.4    16         4.4    18
15  4.7    17         4.8    18
20  4.5    14         4.6    15

So you can see from the numbers that the F/B is usually with in
1/2
dB. When I am running Japan in a contest I work the US off the
back of the beam, so the 1 or 2 dB less is in fact a benefit.

I was using a Yaesu 800 for a rotator. I had a TH6dxx, a 6M7
seven element 6 meter beam and a Hy-Gain discover 7-1
on a 12 foot mast. The through bolt broke on the rotator, and
the K-factor of the stack was far above the rotor's maximum.
I don't think that I will be losing much from the TH6, but it
was a great beam (it sold in less than one day from being
advertised). Last station worked was a HS1 on 15 :-)
The 6M7 also sold in less than a day.
If you want to see my old set up look at the web page link at
the bottom of my note and go the the QRP page.

--
 Peter J. Larsen

http://members.home.net/ve6yc

-----