[TowerTalk] Will the M2 Rotors work in the HDX-589 tower???????/

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Will the M2 Rotors work in the HDX-589 tower???????/
From: lew@teleport.com (Lew)
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 20:22:44 -0700
Hi Jack,
     By the M2 rotors I assume you're discussing the OR2800DC? If so
it'll fit inside the top section of a HDX-579, but you must insist on
the circular drive plate modification. The drive plate usually is
configured in an ovoid shape, which won't let it turn inside the top of
the HDX-589.
     The factory can make the modified drive plate, or a friendly
machinist can make the oval a round plate..or if you're deft with a
sawz-all you can do it yourself.
     Also if you utilize a mast thats >2 1/8" diameter or so, you may
need to apply the sawz-all solution to the bases of the two mast clamps
so that they may turn freely also...otherwise the neighbors will come to
understand the full width and breadth of your vocabulary even better.
     73 and I remain,
     Lew
    W7EW/W7AT

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,