[TowerTalk] Beverage f/b

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beverage f/b
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:33:07 +0000
Guys,

I'm beginning to think that leaves on the trees is adversly affecting
the directivity of my beverages.. or the phase of the moon or...?

All 7 of them don't seem to show the directivity on 160/80 that they
did last winter.

Two are two wire beverages (one of the pair unterminated, the other
terminated to ground) and three are single wire with resistive
terminations.  All 7 seem to suffer from the same directivity loss.

I've checked all joints, switching paths and even measured the
terminating resistor values (at DC of course).  The Z values as
measured on an Autek RF-1 on either side of the transformers agrees
well with last year.

The one thing I can't readily check is the ground side performance.

I'm wondering if it is just too early in the season to expect them to
perform or because they are run under a canopy of trees which still
have leaves.

Any ideas?

73 de Brian/K3KO

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,