[TowerTalk] C31XR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C31XR
From: ve3tu@rac.ca (Steve)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:15:05 +0000
Hi Larry, I had a similar problem with my c31 and I had to shorten the
15m driven element 1.25 " each side to get it into the 15m band. I could
have gone shorter but its close enough. You should also put extra
spacers on the 15m 20m elements farther out on the elements  to stop the
spacing between the elements from changing in high winds. The swr will
move around in windy conditions. The coil and wire spacing will get the
other bands working in the right part of the band. The MFJ 259 and 269
gets affected by strong broadcast signals, the best way to check the swr
is to transmit into the antenna.

gl es 73 Steve

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----