[TowerTalk] Fw: Tower modelling?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Tower modelling?
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 18:39:08 -0500
> Thanks for all of the useful responses. I do not intend to load up the
> tower as a vertical (at least not in the short term). What I want to
> do is model some wires hanging from it for 80 and 160, such as
> slopers, for my particular situation. de AB4ET

Be VERY careful modelling different sized conductors that are
joined. You can get some really weird gain figures.

The windows version of EZnec provides "average gain" when you
plot the pattern in "3D". That model is very useful for spotting flaws,
since average gain should always be less than 0dB. With most
verticals, average gain should be less than -2db.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

price goes to support this list.  Check it out at http://www.eham.net.

-----