[TowerTalk] Question about triband Quad.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question about triband Quad.
From: ve3tu@rac.ca (Steve)
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 15:01:25 +0000
I am using a four band quad 20 17 15 10 at the home station. I run the
20 17 together to one feed line and the 15 10 to an other feed line with
a relay to select the bands. I noticed that the 20m picks up signals
broadside on 10m . When I switch the 10m driven element in, the signal
on 10m drops about 20 db. This leads me to believe that when you have
all the elements tied together you would loose some front to side
rejection on 10m .

73 Steve

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----