[Towertalk] Calculating guy distance for rotating towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Calculating guy distance for rotating towers
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:45:46 -0500
Mike,
Your calculations are for the HORIZONTAL distance from the element tips
to the guys; however, the closest distance is PERPENDICULAR to the GUY,
and will NOT be one foot with your 'clearance'.

With guy & element 'sag' I estimate the guy will touch the element tips
UNLESS the element sag is the greater of these two 'sags'.

Better to emphasize to the antenna erector to lower the yagi to give
assured clearance .. [what's another two feet of antenna height?]

Don
N8DE