[Towertalk] Painting Antennas (Again)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Painting Antennas (Again)
From: w9nhq@attbi.com (Bill Gode, Sr.)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:57:19 -0600
Haze Gray (color number 26270, per MIL-STD-595) is a Silicone
Alkyd Semi-gloss Enamel, in accordance with MIL-PRF-24635.

The following web site gives a good summary of the paint's history in
Naval use: <http://www.corrosionchronicle.com/limeart_4.asp>

Our firm has used Haze Gray enamel paint, usually in conjunction with a
zinc chromate primer, on many military contracts.  Niles Chemical Paint
Company, Niles, MI, (616) 683-3377, makes most of the Haze Gray we (and
our painting subcontractor) use.  A good distributor for small
quantities is Creative Coatings in Michigan.  They can be found at:
<http://www.creativecoat.thomasregister.com/olc/creativecoat/home.htm>

Whether it's appropriate for towers is a question I cannot answer.
Just remember, Mil-Spec paints are NOT inexpensive in small quantities.

73,

Bill, W9NHQ