[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Explorer 14

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Explorer 14
From: jeffchambers@cableone.net (Jeff Chambers)
Date: Sun Jan 26 00:08:40 2003
Robert,

I have had one up for about 1 year. I got it from my father, who had
used it, off and on, for about 15 years. It does not have the 30/40 add
on to it, but I am considering it. I have been very pleased with it's
performance. My father had very good results with it as well.

It disassembled and then re-assembled with out one single problem. The
SWR on all three bands is excellent, 1.1 at the best, and 1.3 at the
worst (like _that_ is bad!). It has withstood 70 kt winds with gusts to
88 kts without any noticeable effects in appearance or operation.

I would buy another one without hesitation. If you have any specific
questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

73,
Jeff Chambers, KK7MQ
Twin Falls, ID

Build a mile of road, you can travel a mile......
Build a mile of runway, you can travel the world!