[TowerTalk] Interference Problem (long)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Interference Problem (long)
From: blkcat28@atlantic.net (John Silberman)
Date: Mon Feb 3 11:25:43 2003
Hi all,

Once you think you have the right pole, with radio in hand, kick the
pole with the flat of your foot.  Don't use your car or anything big.
The pole should stand the impact and it you're at the correct pole,
lightening arrestor, contactor, guy, etc, that's causing the problem you
will hear the change in your radio.  Yes there are some who say don't
kick the pole, but if a solid kick from a human brings down, damages, or
seriously effects the pole, your have more important things to talk
about with the power company.  BTW the cable people can't put there wire
or guys on the power companies poles with out their permission and
ultimately it is the power company's  responcibility.

John
KB4CRT