[TowerTalk] Homemade tubular

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Homemade tubular
From: RedHaines@centurytel.net (Red)
Date: Mon Feb 24 21:12:30 2003
I have the March 63 QST and can email copies.  Guess I'd never build it
of used well casing unless I was placing it where it would do no harm
when it collapses, because I haven't the equipment to test the used
casing for unseen damage or corrosion.  I'd also like to see specs on
the material and calculation of the yield strength.  I recommend (based
on a mistake with aluminum irrigation pipe) that one not attempt to
reinforce it with guys without getting professional analysis of how it
might buckle under vertical loading of the guys, again unless it is
placed where it will do no damage when it comes down.

73 de WO?W

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>