[TowerTalk] Burying radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Burying radials
From: w6tkv@arrl.net (Fred Roberts)
Date: Sat Jun 7 20:47:02 2003
Bud-

Another thought.  Consider using 20d Galvanized Nails and 1/4" Fender
Washers.  The 20d nails are .150" dia. and 4" long.  The 1/4" Fender
Washer is 1-3/8" dia. and the hole is just .210 inches, or about the
size of a #4 drill - I have no idea why they call it a 1/4" washer since
its 20% less than that.

Using this means you just have to hammer the "washered nails" in while
holding the radial wire so it is caught by the washer.  If you could
find someone to rake while you pound, the task could move along nicely.

73 es good luck with the task.
Fred, W6TKV
Riverside, CA