[TowerTalk] Re: Re: Antenna element vibration damping - How

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Re: Antenna element vibration damping - How
From: WA7AA@comcast.net (Zoran Brlecic)
Date: Sun Aug 10 03:51:39 2003
Jan Erik Holm wrote:

 > I started to use stainless screws more then 25 years ago,
 > I have gone thru that process with corroded screws a long
 > time ago and did learn.
 > I have more then 70 yagi ( HF bands) elements up in the air,
 > some has been there 20 or more years, no ropes no rivets no
 > hose clamps no vibrations.
 > Man you guys went to the moon more then 30 years ago, and I
 > sure admire you for that, you should be able to beat this one.

Your antenna elements don't exhibit resonant wind vibration because you
use stainless steel screws? And rivets are not OK because it "makes it
difficult to dismantle elements if you ever need to" after 20 or more
years? But metal screws in the aluminum tubing do not make disassembly
difficult or even impossible?

WA7AA