Re: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Vertical Construction

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Vertical Construction
From: Colburn <kd4e@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:03:32 -0500
Not sure where you are located but have you considered a rebuilt Rohn push-up pole? They come with guy eyelets on floating rings and are pretty rugged and reaonably priced. There is a company here in the Tampa area that sells them at the local fests. I believe they come in 30 - 90 foot lengths.

I have a large 160m air coil I believe came from a Gap, and another large coil on a form w/doorknob caps that I believe came from a broadcast antenna, that I plan to use with a push-up pole or my Rohn 25 tower (perhaps one on each as works best).

Look forward to your reports of your planned vertical.

73, doc kd4e

Macie, Gordon wrote:
I plan to use #10 self drill stainless steel screws. I have a friend with a
drill press who is going to help with that. I plan on 1 set of dacron guys..
I have a gap challenger vertical about the same height that has been up 3
years with same guy arrangement.

Gordon N4LR