Re: [TowerTalk] tower base insulators

To: Carl <cbraun@remtron.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower base insulators
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:53:56 -0500
Isn't 5/16" quite small diameter for the load?
I have two rods here, each about four feet long .. will measure in the morning .. think one is 7/8" and the other is 1" in diameter.
Don
N8DE

Carl wrote:
I am erecting three aluminum towers with stingers on top of them to act as a
triangular array on 80 meters...I am currently using 3 Butternut HF2V
antennas and realize I need a liitle bit more than shortened verticals for
this project.

I am searching for standard 5/16" fiberglass rod to insert into the base
legs of this tower to insulate it from ground.....economically.

I see array solutions has a set of three of these fiberglass insulators for
$180 a set times three equals a lot of money for insulators...and they're
the low cost options...others are upwards of $1100 to $1500 per set of three
for the good stuff...yikes.

Has anyone come up with an alternative?

Thnaks in advance for any help!

Carl AG6X