Re: [TowerTalk] New Mfgr and Source for Rohn G Series Look-alikeTower S

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Mfgr and Source for Rohn G Series Look-alikeTower Secti...
From: Mahlon Haunschild <mahlonhaunschild@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:01:31 -0600
Hmmm... obviously the Rohn patents have expired. I wonder if the new makers are warranting their products to the same standards as Rohn? And I do wonder also about mixing & matching... if I were one of these new manufacturers I'd be really careful. In particular, if I were in their shoes I don't think I'd attempt copying 25G because it intermates with 20G and maybe even 6G, creating all sorts of liability problems (I've actually seen several towers made up of bits of 25G, 20G and 6G, they were scary sights!).

Just my opinion. regards,

Mahlon - K4OQ

regards,

Mahlon - K4OQ

K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

Also I understand other companies entering the Rohn clone (Clohn?) market are Microflect and Nello Inc.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
888-833-3104