[TowerTalk] Re: Problems on a 2el vertical Array

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Problems on a 2el vertical Array
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:30:47 +0100

Mark Beckwith wrote:
,> Where you may not be realizing your model is: The model probably allocates
power equally (50/50) between each vertical, right?

In real life when you feed it, the SWRs on the two verticals are different
because of the fact that there's a second energized vertical nearby having
some kind of effect on it, and each is being fed in parallel with something
else with a different length of coax, blah blah blah.  Gets too complicated
for me, anyway.

This is the point at which my eyes usually glaze over.  Better Men than I
will go further: basically the induced SWR means the power doesn't get split
50/50 - it becomes 60/40 or 70/30 or whatever - not 50/50.  Anyhow, if you
plugged in some uneven amounts of energy at your sources in your computer
model, you will see a degradation of the pattern - like you are experiencing
in real life.

That´s why the Lewallen W7EL method should be used, as I4JMY pointed out
a while ago.

de SM2EKM