Re: [TowerTalk] KLM KT34A to KT34M2 Upgrade high SWR

To: towertalk@contesting.com, flearl@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KLM KT34A to KT34M2 Upgrade high SWR
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:46:22 EDT

In a message dated 4/27/2006 9:03:38 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Is the Balun bad or did I miss something else?   New 9913F7 cable and
Amphenol PL-259 connectors were used. I am quite  confident that all mechanical
connections and dimensions as well as parts  placement are correct.  I am not
certain about the Balun and can only  hope that is the problem, think it can be
changed on the antenna without  taking the whole thing down. Anyone had a
similar problem?  Is the Balun  bad?

        Probably. You've got a  pretty simple system - coax, balun and
antenna. My bet's on the balun. You can't  test them. The only thing you can do
is
try another and see if the condition  changes.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH