[TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: towertalk@contesting.com, longwire@bigfoot.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:51:11 EDT
I'm posting this for a friend of mine. Input  appreciated. Tnx.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC

I will be installing wire HF antennas for  indigenous communities in the
Amazon, a hot and humid environment. What kind of  wire would you folks
recommend
for such use? I have used uv coated stranded  stainless steel (even though
stainless is a compromise for HF) I purchased at  Boeing surplus in the past.
Is
there any copper product (well insulated?) that  would hold up well in such an
extreme environment? Know of any vendors of same?  feel free to contact me
direct: John,   _longwire@bigfoot.com_ (mailto:longwire@bigfoot.com)

thanks!