[TowerTalk] HDR-300 platform removal..

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDR-300 platform removal..
From: jdawson@ezl.com (Jim Dawson)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:13:08 -0500
I replaced my HDR-300 with an M2 rotator. The HDR has been up for about
5 years. When I tried to remove the platform so I could get it out of
the tower I discovered that the platform is so rusted to the shaft it might
as well be welded. I finally ended up cutting a brace on the tower to remove
the rotor plate and rotor together. Now I'm faced with trying to get the
platform off the shaft. I have heated it to red hot and used a gear puller
and big hammer with no luck. Does anyone have any tricks that will help?

Or does anyone want to buy an HDR-300 with attached Rohn 45 rotor plate?

I think its absurd for a $1000.00 rotator to become such a pile of rust
in 5 years of normal service.

Thanks for any help.

Jim - K9DD