[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000SDX Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000SDX Rotor
From: grahamd@xtra.co.nz (Graham Dacombe)
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 18:47:06 +1200
Greeting all,

Having lowered my 50ft tower to do some antenna maintenance I thought I
should re grease the Rotor at the same time, to the best of my knowledge I
put it back together as I took it apart ???

On another tower with the same Rotor when I unplug the control cable from
the rear of the controller the needle immediately returns to the zero
degrees point, plug it in again and it returns to wherever the rotor was
last stopped.

For some unknown reason this controller has got itself permanently in the
extreme clockwise direction ( 120 degrees overlap) and does not move back
to Zero degrees.

I have used my second controller to set the rotor itself to it's correct
position 75 degrees while the tower is down (tower hinges from ground
level, so the 40 meter beam has it's reflector flat down on the lawn with
the beam pointing skywards.

Can anyone tell me how, with the controller cable disconnected  to get the
controller back a  complete revolution plus to 75 degrees or how to make it
return to the zero point, is it possible to somehow short out the correct
two points in the socket on the back and make it travel back anticlockwise?
as operating any of the front controls fail to achieve this.

Regards Graham,  ZL3NZ at  Waikuku Beach,
30 Kilometers North of Christchurch, New Zealand.