[TowerTalk] Shredded Ground

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shredded Ground
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:31:51 -0700
I have always questioned the use of a strong acid on anything not really
needed.  Muriatic acid is a dilute (not too dilute) form of Hdrochloirc
acid, HCl, probably the third strongest acid available.  In most cases I
have found that the propane tourch heating the copper that has been buffed
with a fine abrasive then adding resin to finish the cleaning.  If you must
use an acid try vinigar but wash with a weak solution of baking soda (to
neutralize), then flush with water (to remove unreacted and reaction
chemicals).

I like the idea of both solder and mechanical joints.

Vancouve has lots of rain (called the lower-rain-land) and lately it has
vecome more acidic.

Chris opr VE7HCB

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----